Saturday, April 5, 2014

A little late...

I have been busy. Just a bit. My month of March was filled with Rotary events, trips and school preparations. Blogging has somewhat fell away from a priority. Désolée pour ça!

Run down of all those things that have been occupying my time:

Cologne, Germany: My third host family took me and their current exchange student, Marce, to this beautiful German town which houses one of the most beautiful and renowned cathedrals of the world.



Palais Provincial de Liège: The exchange students were taken by the Rotary to the you governing building of the province of Liège to spend a day learning more about the province and its history.


Opera: The Rotary took the exchange students to a nice night at the opera where we saw Aïda. It was interesting the singing beautiful and I'm glad I can say I saw an opera, even if it was a little long.


(Shriya, Australia; Jaron, South Africa; Kaela, Hawaii)

3 different party's:

March was a busy month for me, including some fun! I was invited to the birthday party of one of my Belgian friend, Denis, and had a great time with them! After the opera, I went to the birthday party of another Belgian friend, Quentin, with Shriya and Kaela. Then I was invited to go to a party hosted by the Roteract (version of Rotary for university students) and stayed the night at the castle where it was held. 

As I have said before, Belgium is quite the party country!

(Peque, Equador; Denis, Belgium)

(Kaela, Hawaii; Rodolfo, Texas; Shriya, Australia)

(Shriya, Australia; Kaela, Hawaii)

Luxembourg: Situated between Belgium, France and Germany is a little country called Luxembourg. As a day trip the Rotary took the exchange students there to visit. It was an absolutely beautiful day and the city we visited was so relaxed!



Triathlon: Each year College Saint-Louis holds a triathlon for the senior class, and as a senior I too participated. Yes, swimming, running, biking, I did it all. We have been training since January and I am pleased to announce my time! 1hr and 42 minutes (with the slight possibility that I took the wrong path). I am mostly content with the pace I kept during it and then how quickly I recovered after.

All in all a good day!

2nd Bulletin: In school we were once again given our grades, and was certainly quite pleased with mine! Red is not good, but even mos of my red marks I was happy for!




Et voilà! What I have been up to for the last month! 1 triathlon, 2 different countries, 3 different parties and not to mention all the time spent in school!

And April won't be any more calm than March. Italy, Germany, France, those three country's spell doom to any rest I would have gotten over Easter break.

Ciao! 

No comments:

Post a Comment