Thursday, May 22, 2014

London, the thankfully not too rainy city!

Kaela, one of my exchange student friends from Hawaii, was surprised by the visit of her parents to Belgium. While they were in Europe they also planned to travel around a bit and explore.

I was surprised by being invited along to London with the three of them.

So I got the ticket, and took the train beneath the sea for the trip to the island. The first thing I saw when I debarked from the train was a huge clock on the wall, and I was in London.


The city was as busy as I had imagined. Buildings of the ancient past and modern structures shared the same streets that were filled with business men and tourist alike. I of course was a tourist and we took our time seeing all the great sites of London.











We took a tour in the Tower of London (which isn't really a tower at all) that was very interesting. That building is full if historical events, usually bloody and with sad endings.  We saw the graves of many important historical people (Lady Jane Grey and Anne Boleyn  being two of them).



We stopped by Buckingham Palace to see the changing of the gaurd, a long ceremony they insist on faithfully keeping every day. 




We also had a bit of fun at Madame Toussads Wax Museums. She started off making wax heads from those who had been put to death, now there's a museum... Strange England, strange.


I had a wonderful time with Kaela and her family, and I am so thankful that they were kind enough to invite me along on that four day journey. 

And also, one last shout out! If anyone happens to travel to London, go to the --- restaurant. It is truly a gem! 

1 comment:

  1. The Loan Fund worked extensively with me to help me anticipate some of the issues that my business may face. Not many lenders would go to that length. They’ve been extremely supportive and a great resource.
    Working with Mr Pedro helped me develop my business plan, ideas and brand before getting started, so I was prepared to open a successful business when I received my loan from Mr Pedro, a loan officer with a huge heart of honesty.
    Contact Mr Pedro on pedroloanss@gmail.com / WhatsApp+1 863 231 0632 .

    ReplyDelete