Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The End

And so it has finished, my exchange has come to an end and I have safety returned to my home in Pennsylvania. I had an amazing year, filled with wonder and excitement and good friends and new places. Yes it was hard, it was not an easy year but it was well worth it. I left a bit of my heart scattered about Europe, left with each person who I met, tucked safely away in that country I now consider a home.

I left my one home, a place where I built a life consisting of people and places I loved, to return to a home consisting of people and places I love.

 That’s what it is to be an exchange student. I learned more than just another language, I learned to live and thrive in a totally foreign place. I learned how to take that foreign place and turn it into my home.

Thank you to everyone who has helped and supported me on this adventure. Thank you to the Rotary, in the United States and in Belgium, for providing me with this wonderful opportunity. Thank you to everyone who followed my blog.

 This is the last post, this adventure has come to an end but it will always live in my heart.


Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment