Sunday, December 22, 2013

Le Bulletin Scolaire

The Christmas exams are a halfway point in the Belgian school year. For roughly a week and a half the students have mornings filled with testing in all courses, and afternoons free to study.

As a rotary exchange student it was obligatory for me to take the exams, but of course I did not have to pass. So I tried my best! 
After the exams the students were finally able to relax and have a bit of fun. Everyone was still nervous for Friday the 20th when we would return to school to receive our “bulletin”, our grades.
 
Each class and option would go to their main teacher (home room teacher) and one by one go into the class and take their grades. I was the self appointed last since these grades we're not as important to me as to all the other students. And so, after seeing smiles and tears it was my turn. 
 
Mr. Dethier, the main teacher of my option, summarized what all the teachers had to say of me. That I had some good answers, but I was hindered by my language skills. They have seen improvement since my arrival and as I learn more I will certainly do better, just try to participate more in the class.

I am personally quite content with my grades! And I feel I will be able to do better, my language skills are certainly improving and when we return to school in January I will definitely try to participate more!
 
À le prochain blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment